Monday, September 21, 2009

It's really small.....

Things can be quite weird sometimes......

The last 3 referrals that I received since July till now were either my schoolmates' brothers or cousin brother.

The first was MT's brother. I guess I was slow in picking up traces of facts. I did not even see the similarity even after listening to his mum telling me about her pitiful life. The first child was a stillborn...... Then, his 3rd child died in a road accident during his teenage years, followed by my friend, MT who died of cancer. Now, the youngest is a slow learner.

You know.... My daughter should be as big as you if she's still alive. She died of cancer.
I'm so sorry.
How old are you?
I'm born in 1981.
My daughter too. Where did you study last time?
Convent.
Convent? My daughter was there too!
(Then I began to realize that the boy's surname was W.)
Is your daughter MT?
Yeah.......
Oh.... The world is so small......

MT's brother did come and join us for 2 months, but due to certain circumstances he had to stop. It's really a pity though, coz he was such a potential for open employment. Maybe it was because he was MT's brother that I favoured him more, maybe it was his pitiful background so I paid more attention to him. Anyhow, he's not with us anymore. All the best to you, KS!


The second one was M's cousin brother.

This centre is a Christian centre, right?
Yes.
Which church set up this centre?
GGBP.
My sister is there too.
Izzit?
Her name is PL.
Oh, her daughter is M, right? We were once classmates.
Yeah, that's my niece.
Oh..... The world is so small.....


The third one.....

How old are you, teacher?
Born in 1981.
My daughter too. Maybe you know my daughter. She's an accountant.
I don't think I know her.
When she was in sec. school, she studied in Convent.
Convent? Wat's her name?
CP.
Oh.... The world is so small........

It's really small......


But I really hope in the future, I don't see my friends...... in such a manner. Send me anything, but not your children to me..............

No comments: