Monday, August 16, 2010

Thank you, Gavin & YeanFei.......... 我真的很感动.........

Having gone through so many Teachers' Day and birthdays throughout my teaching career, it is normal for us in PPIA to end up 'empty-handed' on both these days. Some parents are real nice, really, coz they take the effort to celebrate for us or give us some presents on those days. But to harap our students to do something will be like waiting for the moon to fall from the sky.

We can't possibly be teaching our students to give us things on these days, rite? Sounds like a bit tebal muka. I can't possibly open my mouth and say:".......... tomorrow is Teachers' Day yar.... remember to buy something for me yar......" funny, rite?

Well, it's not that I am greedy - hoping to get something ..... Parents from time to time do give us things and I'm really grateful for that........ BUT, I WANT MY STUDENTS TO DO IT!!! It's the knowledge that my students 会做人 and my work is being appreciated by my students that make me wait and hope that my students will do something on those 2 days (without prompting by my colleagues, and prompting by their parents is also a no, no!).

During EIP time, it's quite impossible to wait for such a day coz they are still small! But in JTC, something should happen, rite? They are young adults already! They can't be expecting to receive all the time....... they should learn to give! We have been teaching them how to be nice to people and appreciate what people have done for them....... Practically, they should show it out in real life happenings!!

Okie, i should be grateful that among the 14 of them, there are at least 2 who knows how to 做人 (by themselves) ...... who never forget us, teachers on both these days........

Yean Fei, thx for ur keropok!!!



Thx Gavin.......! Your cake is the nicest I've ever tasted and your notes of wishes and appreciation are always an encouragement to us, teachers!


No comments: